Saturday, May 5, 2012

ART-A-WHIRL 2012

'What an artist is trying to do for people is bring them closer to something, because of course art is about sharing: you wouldn't be an artist unless you wanted to share an experience, a thought.'
David Hockney

What I’d love to share with you is my new work with color and light...in nature and in people. I’ve also been trying some “canvas on canvas” paintings. (Hard to explain, even harder to photograph.)
 

I’ve been revisiting the abstracted yoga poses I did in pastel several years ago. This time they’re in oil.




You’ll find lots of new miniatures on my shelves and...best of all...the building has a new “people friendly” elevator. Access it through the Door F at the loading dock. You'll find this and more at Art-A-Whirl: N.E. Minneapolis Arts Association's annual open studio tour.

Click here for info about NEMAA and Art-A-Whirl.






No comments: