Monday, January 2, 2012

A NEW WORK FOR A NEW YEAR


I don't make resolutions for the new year...but I do think about (and sometimes even accomplish!) a few goals. One of my left-over goals from 2011 was to try to move away from realism in painting into something a bit freer, a bit more experimental. While I've done a number of things that would fit the general category of "a few artsy experiments," only now have I finally accomplished something I think is worth bringing out in public. I'm not sure that this new voice of mine is completely tamed yet, but I like where it's going. I'd love to hear what you think.
This painting was inspired by a photograph by
Karen Doody, award winning underwater, surfing, and nature photographer. Many thanks to Karen for her permission to use the photo. Her website it well worth a visit.

No comments: