Friday, March 12, 2010

A LIST OF GREAT READS

Four times a year I compile a list of my favorite reads and print them out as a bookmark. They've become a favorite freebie among folks who visit my studio. It occurred to me that it might be nice to share my current list with a broader audience. What follows is my favorites from Winter '09-10. Anything you'd add? Post it in the comment section. I'd love to hear about it. Happy reading!

Plainsong
Kent Haruf

City of Thieves
David Benioff

Noah’s Compass
Anne Tyler

Notes from
the Cracked Ceiling
Anne E. Kornblut

The Madonnas
of Leningrad
Dean Debra

The Glass Room
Simon Mawer

Three Cups of Tea
Greg Mortenson

Loving Frank
Nancy Horan

The Lacuna
Barbara Kingsolver

Lit
Mary Karr

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Goodreads.com

You must join. I love it. Great way to share and connect with other book addicts.

I found it about 9 months ago, post spinal tap when I had to be flat for 3 days. I spent almost all three days reading reviews, discussing, and adding to my unbelievably long library request list.

I think you'd enjoy.