Wednesday, February 17, 2010

HOWEVER DID THEY PAINT THAT FOOD?

I should be cleaning my studio but that always involves reshelving art books. Cleaning's boring. Reading's fun. So I park my Hoover in one corner and my keister in another and surround myself with a couple of piles of books that beg me to once again thumb through them. I pick up a collection of paintings by the Old Masters, many of them Dutch. All that food! Succulent fish, colorful fruits, glistening glassware...those gorgeous still lifes set my mind to reeling. How, I wonder in awe, did those guys steel themselves against eating their specimens?
BTW (as the texters say), I've got a new web site. You can get there by clicking on the cherries. If you get a chance I'd appreciate any feedback you'd like to send my way. Too slow to load? Confusing? Of course, if you'd just like to tell me how great it looks, that'd be good, too. Thanks!

No comments: