Thursday, September 4, 2008

NEW ADDITION ON FINE ART AMERICA.COM


Enero en Puertos Aventuras watercolor 14" x 10"

I'm not a plein air painter; wish I were, but my aging body doesn't handle well the challenges of working outdoors. Nevertheless, there are advantages to working from a photo in my studio...consistency of light being the best. (I often paint at night, at which point that famous "north light" becomes a non-issue!)

My scuba-diving daughter sent me a photo that seemed so wrong for oil and so right for watercolor. It's a challenging medium, but it's one I like to work in when my oils start to become too precious. (How do I know? Well...the other day I found myself counting eyelashes for a portrait.)

"Enero en Puerto Aventuras" is available as giclee prints in your choice of sizes through Fine Art America.

No comments: