Tuesday, June 17, 2014

ONE OF SUMMER'S BEAUTIES

d
(Work in Progress)
I don't know if it's my age or the overly-strenuous winter we Minnesotans endured, but no matter. Whatever the reason, this summer of 2014 seems to be more beautiful, more lush, more awe-inspiring (and I don't use that word casually) than any I can recall.

My neighbor's iris embodied all those qualities and begged to be painted. I started this one yesterday; I like where it's going, but since my painting studio is in my dark, dank basement, it's going to have to wait for a dark, dank day for finishing.

For those of you who are oil painters who like this kind of info, I'm working wet-on-wet with Gamblin oils and Gamblin solvent-free medium. I love their products, especially the solvent-free medium. It's easy to mix and it's odorless. If you want brush marks, I urge you to give this one a try.

No comments: