Monday, June 29, 2009

TAOS PUEBLO MINIATURE PAINTING

"Taos Pueblo"
oil on canvas
3.5" x 2.5"

On a recent trip to the Taos Pueblo I ducked into a small shop to get out of a brief rain shower. I watched in fascination while Spotted Buffalo put the finishing touches on a silver bracelet. He and I chatted about our not-so-dissimilar childhoods spent running errands for our respective elders. (He toted pails of water from the river to the pueblo. I ran to the corner store for my mom's cigarettes.) I bought the bracelet, the rain ended, and I walked outside from a cozy room into pure magic. The result was this miniature oil painting. I offer it with its own little easel.
It's a wonderful item for anyone who'd like to start an affordable collection of original art. It looks great on a desk, a book case, an end table...you get the idea. It's available via in my Minneapolis studio or, if you prefer it's available in various sizes as a giclee print through FineArtAmerica.com.


Specifications:
Painting: Oil on canvas, 3.5"h x 2.5"w x .5" deep
Easel: Wood, 4.5" x 3"
$25.00 + $8.00 for shipping

No comments: